The policies described below apply to the following band programs: Marching Band, Indoor Band, Winter Guard, Winter Percussion, other extracurricular programs.
- The Wakefield High School Band Boosters (WHSBB) determine the per student “Fair Share” amount based on the expected total program expenses and number of participants, offset by capital account fundraising.
- Because the timing of income and expense is so closely tied, and the programs do not budget a reserve fund to cover revenue shortfalls or extraordinary expenses, the success of the programs is critically dependent on maintaining sufficient cash flow.
- Fair Share balances from any prior band activities must be made current (brought to zero balance owed) prior to participation in any additional program.
Fair Share payments must be made per the Fair Share Schedule provided below. A student may not be permitted to participate in some activities if their Fair Share account is past due.
- The total Fair Share amount for participation in the 2017 - 2018 season is $775, $835 for new members. If a parent/adult representing the student works at the Heart of Carolina invitational, they will receive a $100 reduction on their final Fair Share payment, reducing the total to $675 for returning members, $735 for new members.
- Fair Share balances roll over year to year. If a student quits the band program, any Fair Share credit will be forfeited. No refunds or transfers of funds will be provided. A graduating senior with a remaining Fair Share credit may exercise an option to transfer that credit to a sibling in or planning to enroll within one year in a WHS Band program. A student who transfers to another school may elect to transfer their Fair Share credit to the band program at that school.
- All checks returned for insufficient funds to WHSBB WILL INCUR A $10.00 FEE in addition to the funds due.
- You must actually have money in your Fair Share account to pay related WHSBB expenses (i.e., Spirit Wear, etc.). Credit is not extended in anticipation of earning money from fund raising activities.
- Fair Share payments may be paid: 1) online through CHARMS or 2) online through Venmo.com
It is the sincere desire of the WHSBB that no student be denied access to any band program due to inability to pay, and for that reason, we strongly encourage any parent that may have concerns about paying their Fair Share to contact the Band Boosters President and/or Treasurer to discuss those concerns