The PNC Arena fundraiser is year-round, but our busiest times are September through April. During events at PNC (Carolina Hurricanes hockey games, NCSU Basketball games. concerts, and other special events) we will supply Wakefield parent volunteers to staff concession stands and carts (Pretzels and Dip-n-Dots). Workers must be 18 years of age. Students are not allowed to work this venue unless they are 18 years old and working with their parent.
Doors open one hour before event start times (1.5 hours for ACC Basketball). Leads are required to show up 45 minutes prior to the doors opening and Workers to show up 30 minutes prior to the doors opening. Leads are responsible for the paperwork and the money. Inventory is taken before and after each event. There are PNC floor managers who will help our group leaders if needed.
Cancellation Policy for Non-Stand by Spots
If you cancel within 5 business days of your shift and do not find a replacement, your band account will be charged the amount that you would have made had you worked the shift. If there is a standby, when you notify the chair of your need to cancel, they will move the standby into your spot and your account will not be charged. If there is no standby, you are responsible for finding your replacement. If you are unable to find a replacement and the chair has to find the replacement, your account will be charged. Please understand, when people do not show up for their shift or cancel at the last minute, it affects both the workers at the stand and anyone who wanted to work, but could not find a slot.
Stand By Spots
If you sign up in a Standby spot for any event at the PNC, you MUST be able to work that event.
"Standby Spots" are primarily used to fill in for people who have last minute emergencies. Therefore, if you sign up, you are on "standby" until after the scheduled event start time.
If we need additional volunteers, we will contact you by phone and/or email to confirm as soon as we receive notification that additional workers are needed.
Cancellation Policy for Stand by Spots: If you are signed up in a standby spot and we need you to work and you are unable to come in or find a replacement, your band account will be charged the amount that you would have made had you worked the shift.
Individual Band Account Credits
Working the PNC Arena Fundraiser credits your band account based on either a minimum guarantee for the event or for actual percentage of product sold during that event. Contact the PNC Coordinator for details.
Dress Code (PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY)
PNC approves our dress code as part of the contract agreement. Dress code is strictly enforced. If PNC sends you home because you did not follow the dress code, your band account will be charged the amount you would have earned had you worked.
- Volunteers must wear black slacks or pants, NO JEANS, NO CORDUROYS and NO CARGO PANTS.
- Volunteers must wear black closed toed, rubber soled shoes. NO other color can be on the shoes.
- Volunteers must wear a WHS maroon polo, tucked in. PNC has approved the band's current maroon polo (with or without a logo). No other shirt is provided.
- Volunteers must wear black hat. Your band account will be charged $2.00 for the hat the first time you work. You will keep that hat and use it for future PNC events. NO other hat may be worn.
- Volunteers must wear a plain black apron.
- Volunteers may wear a short-sleeved black shirt or tutleneck underneath their maroon polo.
- If cold natured, a black long sleeve shirt worn underneath your maroon polo is permitted.
Parking and Sign In
- Park in Lot C (off Trinity Road) - tell attendant you are working with the Wakefield HS Band (see parking map link at bottom of this page)
- Walk or ride cart to North Entrance (see parking map link at bottom of this page)
- Check in at doors (see PNC Mezzanine map link at bottom of this page)
- Go to lockeroom and get rid of everything else that you brought with you. Put on hat and apron.
- Once you are 100% ready to work, go around the corner to the right for volunteer sign in (3 ring binder with sign in sheet) - if leader, pick up tags
- Workers proceed to the stand (via the stairs)
- Leaders go downstairs for clipboard and cash.
- Cell phones are allowed only by the Lead and only to verify staff or to contact a PNC manager until the doors open.
- After the doors are open, cell phones are not allowed by anyone in any area of the PNC Arena except the Mezzanine Level and, in an emergency, a bathroom stall on any other level.
- If your family must reach you in an emergency, have them call PNC Security at 919-861-2345.
- B.A.R.S Training is REQUIRED for anyone selling beer which is sold at most events, except ACC Basketball. The training is available if you would like to attend. Please contact chairperson for training dates.
Click for: Parking Map
Click for: PNC Mezzanine Map
To sign up to help: Online Volunteer Signups